Your car is your lifeline to the outside world. It is what gets you to work, to school, your kids (If you have them) to practices. It is an indispensable part of your life, and as such, it has a ton of different things that can go wrong with it. One of those things, well… actually four of those things, is your wheels or rims. Whatever you call them, your wheels or rims are what your tires are installed on. They are also one of those things that are not easily replaced by a trip to your local Autozone.
In an effort to make sure you are prepared, and know the tell tale signs your car, truck, or SUV’s rims need replaced, we have compiled the top 5 signs that your wheels need to be replaced. Now, this list isn’t exhaustive, but it does list the most common signs that your vehicle’s rims need to be swapped for a new set.
5 Signs You Need New Rims
Many times the need for new wheels or rims is obvious and you won’t need a list. This list is made for those that aren’t experiencing those easy life moments, and are instead dealing with signs something is wrong and just aren’t sure what.
- Feel Vibration or Shaking – As you are driving, turning, or just basically operating your vehicle you should not have an abundance of vibration or shaking happening. Cars, trucks, and SUVs are precision designed machines that should operate smoothly (pun intended). When that stops being the case, one of the reasons may be that your rim or wheel is damaged. The damaged rim causes your tire to unevenly contact the pavement. This sends vibrations through the system, into the steering column, and ultimately to your hands.
- Doesn’t Handle Like It Used To – Car, truck, or SUV not handling the way it normally does? Does it feel “Slushy” or sluggish when you’re driving around? The problem just might be a bent or damaged wheel. Do a visual inspection for any obvious damage. Can’t find any? Take your vehicle to your local mechanic and they are sure to be able to find the offending wheel.
- Pulls When Braking – When your vehicle starts pulling to the side when braking, this is an indication that your brakes need some TLC. This problem is even more pronounced when you have a damaged wheel. If you are experiencing pulling to one side or the other when braking, you need to get your vehicle in for service fast. Braking suddenly is not something you will be able to do with your vehicle in this condition.
- Tires Keep Going Flat – Your tires keep going flat? Can’t find a puncture or hole? Your problem may be a damaged rim. While the rims your vehicle has may seem like tough, durable parts, they are precisely machined for the purpose they serve. When you damage or bend your wheels, you can throw this delicate balance out of whack. Now, your tires inflate just to leak that air out slowly while your vehicle sits.
- Visible Damage – Now for the obvious sign you need new wheels or rims. If you can visually see damage to your rim, you should look to replace it as quickly as you can. Your wheels are your vehicle’s connection to the road. Any type of damage can compromise your vehicle’s performance and safety. Make sure you are riding on a solid set of rims, and replace any damaged wheels as soon as you are able.
Time for a Change
Now that you know what to watch out for with your wheels or rims, you probably want to know what your next steps should be. That is actually the simplest part. Hubcap Haven Auto Wheel & Trim offers OEM replacement wheels and rims for most major vehicle brands. Not only do we have these items in stock and ready to ship, but your order will ship for free (Lower 48 States only, Sorry Hawaii). Most orders also ship within 48 hours. We also have an unmatched supplier chain. We can find almost any part you need thanks to the over 150 affiliate warehouses across the United States. Grab your next set of car, truck, or SUV rims today from Hubcap Haven Auto Wheel & Trim.