An overview of the RAM 1500’s evolution from 2011-2023 would involve looking at two generations of this vehicle—the 4th generation RAM 1500 and the 5th generation RAM 1500—along with a refresh of the 4th generation. Here are highlights from each!
4th Generation RAM 1500: 2011-2012
First, here’s some clarification about this generation, which really goes from 2011-2018 RAM 1500 models. The 4th generation Dodge RAM was actually introduced in the fall of 2008 as the 2009 model. It wasn’t until 2010 (for the 2011 model year) that Dodge and RAM began to separate their branding so Dodge could focus on passenger and performance vehicles—making 2011 the beginning of the RAM 1500. Then, in 2013, the RAM 1500 got refreshed. With that clarification out of the way, here are changes in the 4th generation RAM 1500 from previous ones:
-A true four-door crew cab option became available along with a regular cab and Quad one.
– Rear seats could recline.
– Rear suspension was now a coil spring five-link type.
4th Generation RAM 1500: 2013-2018
Although these years were still considered 4th generation models, they received facelifts:
– 2013: The RAM 1500 no longer listed “Dodge’ on the dashboard—now reading “RAM.” The 2012 models continued to be offered alongside 2013 ones. Plus, there were new choices: the Laramie Longhorn Limited that came with high-end trim; plus, there was a new high fuel efficiency model. The 2013 models displayed new front fascia, and buyers could choose to have halogen headlamps in a projector-beam style that came with LED turn signals and parking lamps. Plus, the OEM wheels were restyled. Engine and transmission options also received a refresh with air suspension now an option. Plus, plenty of infotainment options were made available.
– 2014: Eco-Diesel V6 engines were now an option while the Corsair engine was discontinued. No real changes were made in 2015.
– 2016: The RAM 1500 Rebel debuted with off-road suspension, larger tires, and higher ride height. Plus, it came with a blacked-out grille, a unique aluminum hood, and powder coated front bumpers. SLT models now featured touchscreen radio as a standard along with remote phone controls, hands-free calling, wireless audio streaming, and much more.
– 2017: This year saw plenty of changes: from engine options to infotainment ones and trim levels. A less pricey Bluetooth option that included SiriusXM satellite radio and an AM/FM radio and more made these types of features available to more consumers along with hands-free phone usage, remote voice command controls, and more.
– 2018: Infotainment and trim options continued to expand and become more available while an engine removed from the market over emissions issues was recertified and once again available. Special editions included the Harvest and Laramie Longhorn Southfork Edison ones. The first came with seventeen-inch OEM wheels and all-terrain tires on 4×4 models—meaning chrome-clad, aluminum-alloy wheels. The latter featured distinctively unique twenty-inch polished OEM wheels crafted out of aluminum alloy.
Although the innovations in the 2011-2018 RAM 1500 models go beyond what’s listed here, these capture the evolution of the vehicle.
5th Generation RAM 1500: 2019-2023
Now, here’s an overview of the 2019-2023 RAM 1500 models and their evolution:
– 2019: This year, both 4th and 5th generation RAM 1500 models were offered and were largely identical.
– 2020: When choosing the Warlock trim, OEM wheels were twenty inches and black finished—crafted out of aluminum alloy—with additional black accents on the exterior.
– 2021: RAM 1500 Classic Warlock vehicles came with the off-road package: all-terrain tires, unique OEM wheels, and so forth. Availability of infotainment features were expanded.
– 2022: All RAM 1500 Classic models received upgraded infotainment options.
– 2023: Express trim and the regular cab short bed configuration were discontinued.
Again, note that this is only a high-level look at 2019-2023 RAM 1500 models as this brand continues to innovate and change.
Need Replacement Wheels/Refurbished Wheels?
Although OEM wheels on new RAM 1500 vehicles are designed to withstand tough road conditions, they’ll eventually need to be refinished or replaced. HubcapHaven.com offers the OEM wheels, including remanufactured wheels/refinished wheels, that you’ll need to keep your RAM 1500 vehicle in excellent shape.
We make it fast and easy to see the RAM 1500 replacement wheels for all of the model years discussed in this post. In fact, you can find refurbished wheels for RAM 1500 trucks as far back as 1994 models. Our OEM used wheels will provide the same levels of fit, function, and safety as when brand new—and they’re quality inspected before shipping and given a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee.
So, if you need top quality refinished wheels, find used wheels for 1994-2018 RAM 1500 vehicles; for 2019-2023 RAM 1500 Classic vehicles; and for 2019-2023 RAM 1500 vehicles (not Classic). Contact us with questions about your remanufactured wheels!